In some parallel world where Covid-19 does not exist, hundreds of people were in London today to celebrate the winners of the 2020 Women in Compliance awards. Here in our world, that event has been canceled — but we do still have winners to announce!
This is the seventh year for the Women in Compliance awards, and finalists are typically announced in December. This year WIC announced 16 winners across four categories. They are…
- Chief Compliance Officer of the Year: Beth Ann Johnson, Sealand Support Services
- Chief Compliance Officer of the Year, Large Company: Rozanne Andersen, Ontario Systems Corp.
- Compliance Lawyers of the Year: Barbara Mendelson, Morrison & Foerster
- Mentor of the Year: Mariellen Davies-DeMarco, Kroll
- Compliance Champion of the Year: Laurence Goibert, SAP
- Compliance Officer of the Year, Non-Profit Organizations: Charlotte Young, Winrock International
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Suzanne Rich Folsom, Manatt & Phelps
- Compliance Consulting Team of the Year: Compliance Angels Ltd.
- Regulatory Law Firm of the Year: Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw
- Investigation Team of the Year: Dechert
- Compliance Innovator of the Year: Angela Irwin, Ontario Systems Corp.
- Most Impactful Training Program: Merz North America Inc.
Industry Category Awards
- Best Compliance Team; Telecom, Media & Tech Industry: Applied Materials
- Chief Compliance Officer of the Year; Telecom, Media & Tech Industry: Tetiana Kyryk, VEON Group
- Best Compliance Team; Life Sciences Industry: F. Hoffman-La Roche
- Chief Compliance Officer of the Year; Life Sciences Industry: Lori Queisser, Teva Pharmaceuticals
We congratulate all the winners, and also the finalists who didn’t win this year around. I know a few of the winning people and companies, and they’re all thoughtful compliance professionals with a lot to offer this field. Good for them that they have this feather in their cap.